05 Aug What To Do in an Electrocution Emergency
Do You Know What To Do in an Electrocution Emergency?
Electrical shock situations are frightening and are much more common thank you might think. Household outlets, light fixtures, appliances, and electrical fences are the most common culprits.
If someone you know gets shocked, contact 911 or other emergency number then check for these symptoms:
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart rhythm problems
- Respiratory failure
- Muscle pain and contractions
- Numbness and tingling
Follow these steps to ensure both their safety and your own:
- Before touching them, make sure they are no longer in contact with the object that shocked them. It could pass the current to you.
- Move the source away and/or turn it off if you can.
- Check to see if they are able to breathe. If not, begin CPR if you know how.
- To keep the victim from going into shock, lay them down with their legs elevated.
Keeping all of this in mind could save a life or prevent lasting injuries from an electric shock. Remember to stay safe and avoid possibly dangerous materials.
Mister Sparky Electrician Tulsa, America’s On-Time Electrician in Broken Arrow, Jenks, Bixby, Sapulpa and Claremore services the Tulsa metro area with a team of licensed electricians. In addition to emergency electrical repairs, some of the electrician services provided by the company include: electrical outlet/switch repair, ceiling fan installation, lighting installation, residential wiring repair, landscape lighting installation and home electrical inspections. Call us today at (918) 200-9900 to schedule an appointment!